Personal profile for Erika M.
Interested in $100 or more to spend on styling services with Poplin? Each person you refer who becomes a client entitles you to a $100 credit with Poplin. The names of the women you've referred will be listed below for your reference. Thank YOU.
- Tasteful (not too sexy for the office)
Inverted triangle with large bust
Celebrities with a similar body type:
- Catherine Zeta Jones
- Laura San Giacomo
Play up the bottom to balance the body. We’re going for visual balance/symmetry and to minimize the bust.
Want personalized, ongoing recommendations for items to extend your wardrobe? Set up a wishlist program and I will post 5-8 must-have pieces here every month.
Wishlist 1 in the form of a Pinterest board was posted on August 13th., 2013
Wishlist 2 in the form of a Pinterest board was posted on August 26, 2013.
Wishlist 3 is on the site! Posted on September 10, 2013.
Wishlist subscription begins!
September (no Wishlist per your request)
November and December, 2014 (no Wishlists per your request)
January, 2015 (one wishlist left!)
- V, square or cowl neck
- 3/4, flare, batwing, puff or straight cut sleeve
- Drop tops, trapeze, empire waist
- Higher cut arm holes
- Knits that keep a close line to the body
- Longer shirts drawing the eye down.
- Custom tailored button up shirts.
Avoid: Tops with built-in volume, big shawl collars, shirts made from shiny materials (satin, silk) that reflect light and draw attention to the bust. Breast pockets and shirts that are 100% cotton (spandex will improve the fit for you)
Any style that will accentuate your bottom and leg line, such as:
- Patterns and prints
- Straight, boot cut, boyfriend or baggy trousers or jeans
- Combat, palazzo, flares, wide legs
- Embellishment on the back pockets
- Wide belt loops, side pocket details
- Slim-fitted waist with gradual flare to create width and balance broad shoulders
- Shorter length
- Prints or bright colors
- Soft A-line with inverted pleats
- Straight skirts that just about cover the knee
- Maxi skirts with a waistline
- Full skirts
Avoid: Longer pencil skirts
- Minimal and clean at the top
- Full skirted
- Drop waist
- Shorter shapeless shifts
- Narrow in the hip and cut at the bias
- Empire seam
Avoid: Off-the-shoulder necklines and any dress that would cause you to go braless
- Button below the bustline
- Fitted, short boxy jackets with two or three buttons
- Narrow lapel to call less attention to the chest area
- High armholes — thinner sleeve widths create distinction between the arm and the chest
Avoid: Baggy, untailored jackets
- Ankle straps, booties or other statement shoes
- Knee-high boots
- Heavier or rounder shoes
- Kitten or wedge heels
- Long necklaces
- Bulky handbags that sit at the hips
- Statement belts
Local Premium Retailers
Local Fast Fashion Retailers (ensure you are going with higher quality items)
Online Premium Retailers
Online Vintage Retailers
Below are the outfits we created using your new and existing pieces. Hope this helps with the eternal question of, "what should I wear today?"
Build on your new wardrobe with monthly additions personally delivered to your home or office.