Personal profile for Kim M.
Interested in $100 or more to spend on styling services with Poplin? Each person you refer who becomes a client entitles you to a $100 credit with Poplin. The names of the women you've referred will be listed below for your reference. Thank YOU.
- Put together
- Inspires confidence
Naturally balanced petite.
Celebrities with your silhouette: Emma Watson, Nicole Richie, Olivia Palermo, Lea Michele & Kelly Rippa.
You can wear almost anything as long as it doesn't overwhelm your size. Keep it simple and chic.
Once we've updated your wardrobe, this is where you'll find images of a whole range of outfits you can make from your new closet.
Colors (Light Cool/ Light Summer)
- Should fall to the widest part of your hips or shorter.
- Wearing a top that is the same color as your pants or skirt elongates your frame and is especially flattering.
- For patterns- stick with vertical stripes or prints that are proportional to your frame and don't overwhelm.
- Tailored shirts or blazers
- Form fitted tops
- Cinched, banded or belted blouses
- Three quarter length sleeves
Avoid: Anything this is too large and not tailored to your frame. Extra large prints that overwhelm.
- Skinny pants
- Slim fit bootleg cuts
- Wide leg is fine as long as you balance out your frame with heels and a slim fitting top
- Prints that are proportional to your frame
- Vertical stripes elongate you
- Wearing the same color pant as your top makes you appear taller, as well.
Avoid: Baggy pants or anything that is not tailored to fit you. Ensure the length is correct and have jeans hemmed with the original bottom.
- Hemlines above the knee are especially flattering.
- Mini skirts
- Shorter shorts
- Above the knee
- Pencil skirts
- Tulip skirts
Avoid: Anything that overwhelms your frame like large prints or skirts that are below the knee.
- Sheath and tailored cuts
- Hemlines above the knee
- Vertical patterns or monochromatic to elongate
- Prints are great, just keep them in proportion to your frame.
- Dresses in petite sizes and/or tailored to fit your frame
- Fit and flare styles including A-line
- Belted options
Avoid: Baggy or oversized options. Especially low cut dresses with a shorter skirt. Maxi dresses or anything with a hemline below the knee.
- Tailored blazers
- Keep it proportional. Your jackets should fall to the widest part of your hips or shorter.
- Prints are great, as long as the size of the print is proportional to your frame.
Avoid: Baggy, untailored jackets or jackets with an overwhelmingly large print.
- Heels are great on you as they elongate your frame. Try wedges or shoes with an ankle strap.
- As long as you are maintaining balance with your top half, you can wear most shoes.
- Accessories (handbags, jewelry, etc.) that are proportional to your frame.
Avoid: Accessories that throw off your natural balance or overwhelm your frame. If wearing a bulky scarf, wear bulky shoes. Same with necklaces and earrings, etc.
Recommended Retailers (all Made in America or Fair Trade, per your request)
Dagg and Stacey (recycled and vintage fabrics). Also can be found at Velouria.
AG Jeans. Also can be found at Anthropologie and Nordstrom.
Nordstrom (search "Made in America" and filter for petites)
Vintage and pre-loved finds from Citizen Rosebud. (no store. She posts on Etsy and ebay)