Personal profile for Kim R.
Interested in $100 or more to spend on styling services with Poplin? Each person you refer who becomes a client entitles you to a $100 credit with Poplin. The names of the women you've referred will be listed below for your reference. Thank YOU.
Jenny Richards, Redeemed 10/2014
Jo Iaciofano ($100 credit) Redeemed 1/2017.
- Feminine but not girly
Slight Inverted triangle. Secondary body type- Rectangle
Celebrities with your body type: Teri Hatcher, Demi Moore
Play up the bottom to balance the body. We’re going for visual balance/symmetry. We're also going to create curves, especially on your lower half. Because your shape is not an extreme inverted triangle, but rather an inverted triangle/ rectangle, you can use this strategy as a guideline rather than a hard and fast rule. As long as you don't appear to widen your shoulders, you can do most anything.
April, 2014 Wishlist (subscribed to quarterly wishlists. Additional wish lists will be delivered by July 31st, 2014, October 31st, 2014 and January 31st, 2015).
Subscribed to wishlists. You'll receive one wishlist by July, 2015 and the second by January, 2016.)
Subscribed to wishlists. You'll receive wishlists by: June, 2016, October, 2016, March, 2017.)
October, 2016 Password: Kim2.0
- Sleeveless, asymmetrical, one shoulder.
- V-necks, scoop necks, rounded collars, peplum
- Raglan sleeves (where the seem runs to the collar instead of to the shoulder)
- Dark colors, vertical stripes
- Flowy tops.
- 3/4, flare, batwing, tops with mid sized straps
- Drop tops, trapeze, empire waist
- Higher cut arm holes
- Knits that keep a close line to the body
- Wrap designs as long as the neck is not too wide.
Avoid: Wide V-Necks, square necklines, spaghetti straps, light colors, horizontal stripes, halter, strapless, off the shoulder, big collars.
Cap, puffy, ruffled, pleated or any sleeve with lot of detail near the shoulder. Tops with built-in volume, big shawl collars.
Any style that will accentuate your bottom and leg line, such as:
- Patterns and prints
- Straight, boot cut, boyfriend or baggy trousers or jeans
- Combat, palazzo, flares, wide legs
- Embellishment on the back pockets
- Wide belt loops, side pocket details
- Slim-fitted waist with gradual flare to create width and balance broad shoulders
- Cuffed or ankle length pants that create curves
Avoid: You can wear most any pant. The styles above are most flattering. Skinny jeans with no wow factor don't make you look your best, but you can offset them with bold shoes.
- Belted skirts that clearly define your waist
- A peplum band at the waist, hips or thigh
- Detail at the hips, side pockets
- Horizontal striped skirs
- Soft a-line with inverted pleats
- Shorter length
- Prints or bright colors
- Straight skirts that just about cover the knee
- Maxi skirts with a waistline
- Full skirts
- Trumpet and flared styles
- Tiered designs
- Bubble hems
Avoid: Longer pencil skirts, Square cut skirts which are shapeless.
- Minimal and clean at the top
- Full skirted
- Drop waist
- Draped/loose-fitting, asymmetrical
- Empire seam
- Wrap dresses
- Lower necklines
- Peplum dresses
- Prints, bold colors, embellishment, etc. below the waistline
- Body con dresses with patterns or elements that create curves
Avoid: Off-the-shoulder necklines
- Hems that end at the hips rather than the waist elongate and draw the eye down
- Deep (not wide) V neck
- Jackets that include a low slung belt
- Belted at the waist jackets work, too.
- Wrap styles and tailored jackets
Avoid: bolero jackets, shoulder pads, jackets that are especially bulky on top- shawl collars
- High heels elongate
- Ankle straps, booties or other statement shoes
- Knee-high boots
- Heavier or rounder shoes
- Kitten or wedge heels
- Colorful or print shoes
- Calf high boots that are angled at the top are elongating
Avoid: pointed shoes, dainty shoes
- Low slung belts
- Bold earrings
- Statement shoes, bold pedicure
- Bold handbag that sits at the hips
- Long necklaces
- Bracelets, watches, rings drawing attention to your hands
Avoid: Statement necklaces, unless you balance them on the bottom half or they are long.
Infinity Shoes (shop for Miz Mooz shoes and boots)
SkunkFunk (to add an interesting feminine edge)
Nordstrom (especially stylish comfort shoes)
Nordstrom Rack (when you have something specific in mind, really great for maxi skirts. Also available online!)