Personal profile for Reenie B.
Interested in $100 or more to spend on styling services with Poplin? Each person you refer who becomes a client entitles you to a $100 credit with Poplin. The names of the women you've referred will be listed below for your reference. Thank YOU.
Hourglass figure- Your hips and shoulders are the same width, while your waist is short and noticeably smaller than your hips. Naturally balanced.
Celebrities with your silhouette: Scarlett Johansson (5'3") Salma Hayek (5'2")
Control your curves. Play them up or play them down and highlight your midsection. It should be your focal point. Elongate your frame by minimizing your curves.
- Tailored shirts or blazers (especially those made for larger busted women)
- Form fitted tops with darts
- Cinched, banded or belted blouses
- V-necks and open necklines
- Three quarter length sleeves
- Lower cut armholes- diagonal cut sleeves and flutter sleeves.
- Leave tops untucked to lengthen torso.
Avoid: Loose blouses that billow or flare from the bustling. Trapeze tops which add bulk.
Keep it classy. Your voluptuous figure offers enough sex appeal.
- Cropped trousers
- Slim fit bootleg cuts
- Wide leg pants that balance out your top half (wear with heels to keep it streamlined)
- Pant creases lengthen.
Avoid: short shorts. Mid calf length pants make legs look thicker.
- Pencil skirts
- Tulip skirts
- Maxi skirts
- Hemlines just above to just below the knee are flattering
Avoid: shorter hemlines and gathered raised or pleated skirts which add volume.
- Wrap dresses
- Fit and flare styles including A-line
- Belted options
- Sheath and tailored cuts
- Anything that highlights your waist.
- Color blocking with light or bright colors at your waist and darker colors overall.
- Well tailored options.
- Empire waist also lengthens your torso
Avoid: Drop waist and shapeless shifts which create a boxy look. Especially low cut dresses with a shorter skirt. Baggy options.
- Tailored blazers that button under the bustline
- To minimize the bustline:
- Solid jackets in neutral or deep colors
- Vertical or diagonal stripes or details
- Wrap styles and tailored jackets with darts
- Deep shawl collars
- Avoid: Baggy, untailored jackets
- As long as you are maintaining balance with your top half, you can wear most shoes.
- Belts are your best friends. Cinch them around the hips to lengthen your torso or at your waist to show off your midsection.
- Anything that highlights your midsection: contrasting skinny belts, bold wide belts, scarf at the waist.
- Bold accessories
Avoid: Accessories that throw off your natural balance. If wearing a bulky scarf, wear bold shoes.
ASOS (for something current/trendy.)
Infinity Shoes (Miz Mooz shoes and boots)
Old Navy (especially layering pieces and basics)
Nordstrom Rack (especially dresses, pants and shoes)
For inspiration (and sometimes a deal in the sale section)
Want personalized, ongoing recommendations for items to extend your wardrobe? Set up a wishlist program and I will post 8-10 must-have pieces here every month.
January/ February 2014. Because I rescheduled our initial consultation, your wish list is twice as long as your standard complimentary wish list. Enjoy!