Personal profile for Susan T.
Inverted triangle with wide shoulders. Normal bust.
Celebrities with your body type: Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron, Liv Tyler, Demi Moore.
Play up the bottom to balance the body. We’re going for visual balance/symmetry.
- Sleeveless, asymmetrical, one shoulder.
- V-necks, scoop necks, rounded collars, peplum
- Raglan sleeves (where the seem runs to the collar instead of to the shoulder)
- Dark colors, vertical stripes
- Flowy tops.
- 3/4, flare, batwing, tops with mid sized straps
- Drop tops, trapeze, empire waist
- Higher cut arm holes
- Knits that keep a close line to the body
Avoid: Wide V-Necks, square necklines, spaghetti straps, light colors, horizontal stripes, halter, strapless, off the shoulder, big collars.
Cap, puffy, ruffled, pleated or any sleeve with lot of detail near the shoulder. Tops with built-in volume, big shawl collars.
Any style that will accentuate your bottom and leg line, such as:
- Patterns and prints
- Straight, boot cut, boyfriend or baggy trousers or jeans
- Combat, palazzo, flares, wide legs
- Embellishment on the back pockets
- Wide belt loops, side pocket details
- Slim-fitted waist with gradual flare to create width and balance broad shoulders
Avoid: skinny jeans without a wow factor.
- A peplum band at the waist, hips or thigh
- Detail at the hips, side pockets
- Horizontal striped skirs
- Soft a-line with inverted pleats
- Shorter length
- Prints or bright colors
- Straight skirts that just about cover the knee
- Maxi skirts with a waistline
- Full skirts
Avoid: Longer pencil skirts
- Minimal and clean at the top
- Full skirted
- Drop waist
- Draped/loose-fitting, asymmetrical
- Shorter shapeless shifts
- Narrow in the hip and cut at the bias
- Empire seam
Avoid: Off-the-shoulder necklines
- Hems that end at the hips rather than the waist elongate and draw the eye down
- Deep (not wide) V neck
- Jackets that include a low slung belt
Avoid: bolero jackets, shoulder pads, jackets that are especially bulky on top- shawl collars
- High heels elongate
- Ankle straps, booties or other statement shoes
- Knee-high boots
- Heavier or rounder shoes
- Kitten or wedge heels
- Colorful or print shoes
Avoid: pointed shoes, dainty shoes
- Low slung belts
- Bold earrings
- Statement shoes, bold pedicure
- Bold handbag that sits at the hips
Avoid: Statement necklaces, unless you balance them on the bottom half.
Below are over 50 outfits using only items in your closet. Hope you enjoy getting dressed each morning.
August 2013. Wishlist 1 delivered via Pinterest board
Build on your new wardrobe with monthly additions personally delivered to your home or office.